What do you think ? It's completely different isn't it! Well , I Love it! Yup that's the wonderful Karen (Scotty's Sis) we too call her Aunt Karen at our house! We've adopted her - hope that's OK! She wallpapered her bedroom in this print and had left over and she said that it would just look awesome in my kitchen . Well, if Karen says it will look good - I believe it! She not only gave me the wallpaper but she helped Jared put it up. Oh Karen I just love you! Thanks for all you do for me and more importantly for Scotty & Aim. Anyhow, the kitchen isn't done but here is the start. We are gong to paint the cupboards an off white and then distress them and then rub black on the sanded areas. Oh and we have all the tile to redo the backsplash here in the next few days! Hopefully I can convince Wend to help me when she comes for a visit - she is the expert on painted surfaces! Oh and just look at the rug I found at Target. It is a perfect match! VOILA! Love you all!
Jenner
14 comments:
WOW! It is so bold and so beautiful. You'll never do dishes the same again! I really love it. That Karen is priceless. Love it. Love her.
That's awesome. Can't wait to see it in person. I have a coupon for you. Get excited!
Mitzi
SHOCKER that looks fantastic the rug looked like it came with the paper. What a fun change. Karenis a gem!
You should put that nice kitchen to use and make some nice and spicy mexican food to share with . . . I don't know . . . maybe the McCallisters. I just want to do my part to make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy your nice, new space. And what makes me even cooler is that I would never be rude enought to invite myself over.
Late.
That looks absolutely splendid. I would never want to leave the kitchen.
Ahh Karen. She's such a generous person. :) I think it looks awesome Jen. I have a soft spot for beautiful damask.
I can't believe that's your kitchen. It's so modern and crisp. You'll never want to leave it dirty. You will need to buy Jared some yellow gloves for all the dish doing is gonna do or I guess your kids seem to be doing fine with that. When should we come over for dinner, before or after the McCallisters turn?
Zowy! That's some creative work right there. Nice find on the rug.
I really love it Jen. Karen has an eye for design and a heart for delighting. I am inspired to get my long-procrastinated painting project done. Nice!!
P.S. That last comment was actually me- oops...
i love it its so fun
Jen we will be there thursday for dinner! Love wendy. p.s. I am so excited to spend some time with my other Id. sisters and get away with my hubbby for our 23rd anniversary. i cant wait to see the kitchen in person and cant belive what a find with the rug. It's so classy looking and I just love chhhhange. maddie wants to come. She made some cool fairy stuff for your girls. oh and can Karen live by me.
Could you have found a better rug??? I don't think so. It was meant to be in your kitchen! I love the whole picture.. can't wait to see it! Maybe you need another dinner group at your house. Invite me :)
I love it!! I am in love with damask and it looks striking in your kitchen. I can't wait to see the finished product. I want to paint my cupboards off white as well, but I'm too chicken. Looking forward to more pictures. ps. your children are adorable- love how cute they are to help you with the dishes!
Post a Comment