Monday, July 19, 2010

Love Birds in my Garden

I've been in a blogging slump lately! Sorry! I have pictures of my daughters 8th birthday and her baptism and the dress that I will blog about soooon. But today I wanna share with you something that doesn't require as much thought. My crazy garden. I'm super excited, you see, this is my first garden and I think its amazing.

My whisky barrels are very happy too!

This is just a random shot of some lovely flowers but its the vase that has me swooning. Thank-you very much Savers! Who would get rid of such a thing - NOT I!

Alright, now lets talk about the garden. Here we have my tomatillo plants. So exicted to use these in some Mexically dish.



This garden holds my peas which are still producing in this heat. There is also lettuce, spinach, green beans, carrots, zinnas & the Mr's Butternut squash.


AHHH, I bet you were beginning to wonder why I said there were love birds in my garden. Can you spot them now! How funny is that. Amazing I tell ya- I not only grew some mighty tasty carrots but I have some lovebird carrots of the entangled variety.

Here's a shot of the other bed. This one holds 4 tomato plants, 2 tomatillos, 4 peppers, many onions & those gorgeous Zinna's.










Can you see Jared's beloved Butternut Baby! He checked on it at lunch today. YUM!

Gardening is so rewarding. I feel self sufficient, obedient & blessed.
Love you all,
p.s. come see me the tomatoes are turning RED - BLT anyone?

9 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Before I make a road trip, how do you cook your bacon?

Jen said...

LOL! Kelly you are funny! I like my bacon crisp - NOOOOO fat flabbing around!

Kelly Hill said...

You could have just said you didn't have enough to share... you didn't need to make some personal slam on me...

"NOOOO fat flabbing around!"

Sheesh

(PS I like my bacon crisp too. Carbonized, actually)

Jen said...

you know I'm not talking about you! GIRL! come have a BLT anytime!

Terri said...

Kelly and I will come together cause my square foot garden dont look like dat. Way good Jen

Amy said...

I'm green. With envy. That is a gorgeous garden. We ate our first ever cherry tomatoes that we grew today though! All 3 that were ripe. Your garden is inspiring.

Jessica said...

Hello!!! your garden looks amazing.

Ging said...

Looks so good. We are eating peas like there is no tomorrow. I usually don't make it in the house with them and pea pods are everywhere. BEEEautiful.

The Cannons said...

Your garden looks great. I love the flowers too.