Thursday, September 10, 2009

That September Day

I still cry every time I hear Alan Jackson's Song about that day in September. I remember that I was in my bed and I got a phone call from Terri (who was crying) and she said "Jenny, turn on the television." What channel Ter, " Any channel Jen , she said. Then I saw what was happening and I watched as those towers fell, and I cried. I remember that I watched the television every day and just prayed that they would find someone, anyone. I added this video and I hope you will watch it - I loved the part when the Chinese man says - "They gave their lives for me and so now I live my life to remember them." I will never forget - Let's never forget. We are so blessed to live in this country. God Blessed The USA!

I know I'm a day early but I couldn't wait - I've been thinking about this awhile.

4 comments:

Amy said...

We are on the same wavelength Jen. Thanks for the post. I loved the quote "God blessed the USA". I too love this country and feel so blessed to live here.

shawn rowley said...

amen sister this day usually marks the beginning of my annual seasonal depression, but i'm busy with new growth and challenges so i haven't felt it.

but on this day i miss those who i would have know and served had none of this came to pass.

god bless the fallen and god bless america

Bonnie Anderson said...

can you imagine liveing in other countries were there is gun fire in the street and your children can not go out and play. people live with this horror every day. we are double blesses to have this great nation and know how to get back to him our father.

JP Anderson said...

Good comment "Bonnie Anderson", whether or not it is really you. You should do this more often.
Thanks for sharing that Jen.