Absent - that's what I've been lately . Not really however - I've been right here on Pepperwood Dr. just lapping up this wonderful summer with my kiddos. My life is sooo crazy. Isn't everyones? I've been busy juggling mom responsibilities, my night chatter job, Young Womens and that's just the top 3 . My sweet kids went back to school yesterday and it was a hard day for me. I've got a middle schooler folks! She loved her first day and she opened her locker on her first try. Anna's off to the 4th grade this year and my darling Z-man is conquering the all day routine at first grade. I know they say you can get so much done when your kids are at school but everything just seems so much duller around here. Don't get me wrong - I've still got Mr. Spunky (Googer) by my side -so never a dull moment - love that boy!
I know most won't believe this but it's true - I actually have more on my mind than I actually spit out. My mind is constantly moving. I self talk! I do! I share my testimony with myself - at least twice a week. Speaking of which !!!! Some months ago I was reading the Ensign and came across a talk that had a quote in it from Elder Holland. That quote has echoed in my heart and in my mind every day since I read it and I've felt inspired to share it with others. I feel like I need to share it again with my 2 blog readers.
"Opposition turns up almost anyplace something good has happened. It can happen when you are trying to get an education. It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field. It certainly happens in matters of love and marriage.... There are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don't give up when the pressure mounts.... Face your doubts. Master your fears. 'Cast not away therefore your confidence.' Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
Jeffery R. Holland
Isn't it worth repeating -love that quote and the man that said it. Satan is called the great deceiver for a reason, he has the ability to put doubts in your mind about something you once felt so strongly about. He doesn't want us to succeed , to grow or to achieve. He loves it when we stumble and when we fall. Just some thoughts.
More thoughts here - new subject.
Three of my beautiful sisters have birthdays this month of August - Terri's is today actually.
So, I just want to share something that I love about each of them. The lists could really go on and on but I have other thoughts to share.
Moll, I love you - you really are the example and poster child for "I Can Do Hard Things" . I love that if you call Molly for a favor she says Yes before you ask and figures out all the details of it for you to make it easiest for you - not her the one with 6 kids. LOVE HER - so much!
Ging, I love you - you are steadfast and immovable. You are a wonderful example of enduring to the end. You are funny and spunky and spiritual -I know that I can look to you for gospel answers and that you will always be an example of what is right . LOVE HER -just as much.
Ter, I love you - you are my twinner and your thoughts are my thoughts. You understand me and you always say what I need to hear. You are wise and thoughtful of others. You accept others as they are -and never expect a return on what you give out. LOVE HER - equally!!
My last thought - not that I have but that I will share for now is that I have been married for 14 delicious years. I say delicious because that wonderful man is sweeter than anything I've ever eaten. He exemplifies Christ like attributes in everything that he does. I recently told a friend that I sometimes think Jared will be exalted because of his patience . Just lifted right up into the heavens. Honestly - No one compares in my eyes. That's all that matters right! LOVE HIM! ewww I love him. Glad we made that an eternal deal on August 20th 1997.
I have pictures to share - this is what you can expect to see soon:
*back to school kids
*my glorious garden
*my incredible whiskey flower barrels (no really - grand champion)
*family photos that Ging & Wendy took
*my girls' bedroom redo!!!
Stay Tuned!!
I love you! xoxoxoxoxo
Come See ME --- MOM!!
jen
7 comments:
I'm so happy to see you back on the blog. You're amazing.
Also, happy birthday to three of my kind of sister's sisters. I have love for each one of you!!
Have a great day, Jenn.
Well, wasn't this just a breath of fresh air. Wonderful reminder to follow inspiration. Write it down, write down your feelings, and re-read them. Love you Jen. Come see me!
Welcome back!
What a great quote. So true that we are always second guessing our feelings. And I love ya back just the same.
Nice post! You love life and others so much. Thanks for that.
p.s. I guess Mom took to your request at lightning speed. Enjoy your time with the folks.
Well- that makes 6 of us now Jen. I haven't been near a computer for 3 days and this is the second thing I did. I really value your insights. Elder Hollands quote is so important to me. I have never been reminded so often of the truth that paragraph teaches. And what a bonus to get compliments at the end. I aspire to be worthy. Love you Jen.
Post a Comment