Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good Times - Good Times!











Ok, so you all know how much I truly love having my kiddos home for the summer. I mean I downright LOVE it! I love the lazy days in your jammies all day if ya wanna. No real "bedtime"! BBQ-ing , having my kids in my view and ears range all day and just having fun crafting, swimming, vacationing (goin to Disneyland this year ya know), camping, having family visit.

Anyway, the last day of school was last Wednesday, June 3rd. Miss Paige finished 3rd grade and loved every minute of it. She loved her teacher Mrs. Lott and her teacher clearly loved her too. She sent home weekly reports and every one of them had something very kind written about my, smart, very artistic, kind, well mannered, attentive, polite, one of a kind daughter. Those were her teachers words. I agree of course! She improved tremendously at Math this year and continued being a master mind at Spelling - never getting anything but a 100% on every test. Oh and to make that even better I swear she that she would only glance at the words once and then say to me test me Mom. True!! Geesh - some peoples kids -ya know! She was also accepted to Art challenge School after a series of tests where she was required to draw a still life and then she was given a discriptive sentence that she was to draw. Only the very best artists were choosen but then we knew that about her. Following in her Auntie Em's footsteps!

Anna finished the 1st grade. She has had the same teacher for the past two years. Mrs. Roth has been such a blessing to Anna and an answer to our prayers for Anna. She is the most amazing teacher with true love for her students that she refers to as HER kids. Anna and I both cried on the last day of school. We are making her a very special quilt that we are going to give her in a week or two at a BBQ we are going to have to thank her for all the hardwork and love. We will miss her sooo much. Anna recieved the citizenship award this year and last year. This is the award given to the student who exemplifies all the values of the school , the student who is kind to others, honest, hardworking, well basically you all know what being a good citizen means. We are very proud of her and we think she is very deserving of it.
Ok so every day with very few exceptions our good friend Lisa White has come to our house and taken our girls to school. I thought at first that she was just doing it because I had a new baby and that after time she would be done. Oh no , not Lisa , she only missed on days that she was too sick to come - which were only about 3 times. OH how we Love Lisa at our house. She is a great example of a true friend. We know we can count on her and that is very comforting. As if that isn't enough , she drives a convertible Mustang. OH YAHHH! The above is a picture of my girls on their way to their last day of school. I could her Anna laughing all the way down the street. How fun! Thanks Lisa - we love you!!!

Oh and here are just a few more pictures of my baby - for Grandma! Love you MOM!! Goo misses you! We sure had fun at our family reunion. No one has a family like my Anderson Family. WE love each other and that is TRUE! We genuinely love each other despite each persons short comings. We can really irritate each other but in the end we think highly of one another, we know we are funny together and we have fun and we Love each other. I love you all - and after all we have been doin stuff since 1964 - we better just stick it out till the end - RIGHT!!
Kisses and Hugs- Hugs and Kisses
Jen

5 comments:

Amy said...

There's nothing better than a good teacher.

shawn rowley said...

they are growing to FAST!

Terri said...

Love a good friend and you gota gem. I will never forget Mrs. Bert my second grade teaqcher. She brought me white sand from mexico I still have and she hugged me every day

Ging said...

What blessing is more vital than to have people in our lives who genuinely love and care for us? Every good thing comes from this.

Em said...

I have many good comments but I'd like to say the most is this. I love that your son has toenail polish on.

:)

And your children are reflections of you Jen.