Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday Sweet Pea!











It was 9 years ago today (the 21st - I'm writing this after midnight) that I became a mother for the very first time! It was a wonderful day and she was so so little and scary to me. She weighed 6lbs 13 ounces & only weighed 6lbs 3 ounces when we took her home the day before Christmas. She was our very best Christmas present and to this day I still believe that she is one of those Christmas Angels - the kind without wings. Paige is silly & talkative, beautiful & kind, she is a lover of Ballet & an amazing artist. Paige is honest & loves her heavenly father. Paige is creative & is always dreaming of the most wonderful crafts she can make. At the age of 9 Paige understands how important the sacrament is in her life, she understands that she can pray to her Heavenly Father for any reason and she knows that he will answer her. It is so amazing to me how clear these important things are to her. I just want to share one little story about my girl although I could share a million like this. "One day Paige, Anna and I were on a walk. Paige got distracted for a moment and when she looked forward again in the direction she was walking she ran her face right into a metal mailbox. It was a pretty hard hit and she quickly began to cry. I bent down to kiss her sweet little face and to comfort her and said "Paigey I'm so sorry are you Ok" . Then she said to me "Oh Momma thanks for taking care of me." I will always remember that day because it just really hit me how unconcerned this girl was with her self and just how much she does and always has looked outward to others and this has made her such a grateful person.
Happy Birthday my girl! I love you !

Mommy

Here's a picture of Paigey today on her 9th birthday and here's the present she gave Jared and I on her birthday. She made this origami nativity for us. Isn't that just amazing. What a talented , thoughtful girl! Oh and thanks Aunt Molly for making Paigey's birthday special and for the yummy brownies and icecream. We love you!!!

5 comments:

shawn rowley said...

happy birthday paige, i am so glad you are here. you help lift this world closer to God.

merry christmas too

Amy said...

Happy 9th Birthday Paige. We love you and miss you.

Dallmann's said...

Happy Birthday Paige. I can't believe that you are 9 already. I was thinking about you yesterday. I knew your birthday was sometime close to christmas I just couldn't remember exactly what day. Love you. Heather

daveanddebbie said...

What a sweet girl! We actually share the same birthday! Love the Nativity!

JP Anderson said...

Sweet Pea is reserved for only the the most special girls. That name suits Paige as much as it does my Sweet Pea. Happy birthday Paige.