the blog of a crazy mama who loves to sew & have fun with my hubby, kiddos, family and friends
Sunday, October 5, 2008
No Matter What!
So, how bout those conference talks! Which one was your favorite. I particularly enjoyed the one about Angels (Elder Holland- I think). I can think of many Angels in my life -you know the kind without wings. I also really enjoyed President Packer's talk and was amazed that I had never heard anything about this parade they had. What I really appreciated about his talk was that even though congress had failed these pioneers they still clung to the constitution and honored their country. I have to apply this to our current times. So many people are down on this country with our current economic crisis and down on our current president and those who are running for president and all the whobewhatey! What I'm trying to say and I'm not the best at putting my feelings to words but this country has fallen on hard times and NO MATTER WHAT we still live in the best country. We are free, free to worship our God, free to roam the streets without being shot at, free to say what we want. Free to do so much. Let's not be so down on this country that we forget to remember what a tremendous blessing it is to live here in the Great USA! I truly am proud to be an American NO MATTER WHAT!!! (thanks for the thought Ter)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said Jen. Thanks for your insight.
Jenny,
It was a wonderful conference, wasn't it? I was interested in the fact that there weren't a lot of direct messages about "getting our houses in order" as much as they counseled us to become more spiritual, to live without fear, and to be better neighbors. I guess we were warned that these days were coming enough, now we need to know how to survive them.
Scott
Post a Comment